Do you still love your kids even they have misaligned teeth? Of course you do, then why not take a step to make them smile better by getting their teeth treated? Misaligned teeth problem is also known as a malocclusion which directly effects child’s self-esteem and self-confidence. As parents, have you ever tried to dig out the reason of his misaligned teeth? Let’s hear from a certified dentist and see what could be the cause and what could be done to get them treated:
- In some children, this issue could be hereditary as this passes down from generation to generation.
- The other reason could be the difference in the size of upper and lower jaw which may result in overbite, under-bite and other similar issues.
- In some of the children, who are born with cleft lip and palate, or with defected jaw, malocclusion could occur.
- Thumb-sucking, tongue thrusting, pacifier usage beyond the age of three, use of feeding bottles for a longer time period.
- Cavity, tartar, and tooth decay. Some of the kids, who are habitual of taking sugary stuff like chocolates, hard candies and juices, are likely to develop cavities in their mouth, as a result their teeth start decaying and eventually they have to be pulled out or shed on their own. The empty space if not treated by a dentist is then take place accordingly, making less space for new teeth and gets misaligned.
- The easiest solution which parents can do by themselves is quitting their kids’ thumb-sucking habit at an early stage.
- Also shift your child from feeding bottle to a cup sooner.
- Take care of your child’s oral hygiene by visiting the No.1 dentist in Pakistan twice in a year for routine checkup.
- Make them habitual of brushing twice a day.
- Give your kids healthy food and avoid sugary and acidic items which may damage their teeth.
- If your child’s teeth are affected, immediately set an appointment with a certified dentist in your area.