Looking For The Best Dentist In Lahore To Get Dental Implants? Visit Dental Aesthetics!
To replace a missing tooth and fill the gap it leaves behind, dental implants are the BEST treatment option. They also act as anchors for implant-supported dentures and bridges. As a permanent tooth replacement, implants consist of a metal screw that replaces the natural teeth root and acts as a base for the replacing tooth. Aesthetically, dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. Moreover, when you get them from the Best Dentist in Lahore – Dr. Shahzad Mirza, they are sure to function like your natural teeth.
Since they get attached directly to the bone, they never get loose or feel uncomfortable like other tooth replacements. Want to know more about the treatment before you visit Dental Aesthetics to get dental implants? Keep reading the blog as we have everything covered right here!
How Many Parts Are There In Dental Implants?
In dentistry, there are two types of dental implants – subperiosteal and endosteal. The subperiosteal dental implants are the ones placed directly on top of the jawbone and below the gum tissue. On the other hand, endosteal dental implants are the ones inserted directly in the jawbone of the patient. Normally, the subperiosteal dental implants patients get at our Dental Clinic in Lahore have three parts:
- An implant body or screw that is screwed in the jawbone. Since it exists below the gum tissues, the implant body works as an artificial tooth root. It is made up of titanium and looks similar to a cylindrically shaped screw. Some patients get stressed when they hear the word titanium, but do not worry because it is compatible with the human body and is durable.
- The second part of an implant is the abutment, which is attached to the implant body and is placed on top of the gums. This part secures and supports the tooth restoration that is placed on the top.
- Attached with the abutment is the crown, which is that portion of the dental implant that looks exactly like the patient’s natural teeth. We customize it to make sure that it matches the colour and shape of the natural teeth – giving a perfect smile.
Getting Dental Implants – The Procedure
Patients are required to undergo multiple procedures while getting dental implants because we prefer giving them healing time between every appointment – spaced out over months. During each procedure, to ensure that our patients are comfortable, we give them anesthesia. Normally, when carrying out the procedure, at Dental Aesthetics, we follow these steps:
- Scheduling a consultation of the patient with the Best Dentist in Lahore – Dr. Shahzad Mira. During the consultation, some X-rays are taken to carefully examine the patient’s mouth and determine if dental implants are the right treatment option.
- In case a patient has teeth where the dental implants are to be placed, we extract them before starting the treatment. Moreover, if a patient has inadequate bone tissue in their jaw, we perform a bone graft because strong bones are needed for supporting dental implants. Though the healing time of bone grafting spans months, not every patient requires to undergo it for getting dental implants.
- To place the dental implants, we make an incision in the gum tissue to expose the jaw bone below. Then, we drill holes in the places where implants are to be placed and securely insert the titanium screws into those holes in the bone. After they are screwed in, we give them some healing time so that the bone and implant fuse together. Therefore, creating a strong base for dental implants
- Once the titanium implant has fused with the jawbone, we attach the abutment to the implant. Later on, when the gum tissues heal in a few weeks, we take the dental impressions of the patient and made a customized crown. This is the final step of the procedure – where the tooth replacement is secured on the abutment.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting Dental Implants?
Since dental implants function and appear just like natural teeth, they do not require special care. Keep brushing and flossing your teeth regularly, visit the Best Dentist in Lahore at Dental Aesthetics every six months for a dental checkup – and you are good to smile confidently. This will help you ensure that the dental implants will last for a lifetime and provide these benefits:
- Easy food chewing
- Natural appearance
- Comfortable bite
- Better oral healthy
- Bone loss prevention
- Improved speech
- Most important – a PERFECT smile
Aftercare Of Dental Implants
After getting dental implants, it is normal for a patient to experience slight discomfort and pain. However, with the pain-killing medicines we recommend post-treatment, it will be relieved. Moreover, minor bruising on the gums, bleeding, and facial swelling are also expected. Gradually, it will all subside when the treatment part of your mouth heals. Though for instant relief and to reduce the swelling, try using an ice pack. Besides, for the first few days after the treatment, we advise our patients to eat soft foods only. In case the healing process takes time and the symptoms are not improving, patients can visit us any time at our dental clinic in DHA, Lahore.
Book Your Consultation TODAY!
Whether you have one missing tooth or many, our Dentists in Lahore have options available to restore your teeth and help you flaunt a beautiful smile again. Ideally, getting dental implants is the right option in case of missing teeth. Hence, to know if it is your option, schedule your consultation with us at Dental Aesthetics.