HIFU Treatment: The Benefits And Procedure
Dermatologists around the world consider HIFU Treatment as one of the most practical and non-invasive alternatives to a surgical facelift. The HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound) technology involves using targeted energy in the form of ultrasound to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the layers of the skin. At Dental Aesthetics, we provide HIFU Therapy to give our patient’s skin a bright and smooth appearance – without any downtime.
Are you too concerned about your sagging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines? HIFU is your option ahead. However, before you book an appointment with us for the treatment, read through this blog to know its benefits and the overall procedure.
Benefits Of The HIFU Treatment
Because of the decrease in the stigma surrounding cosmetic procedures and an increase in access to such procedures, HIFU Treatment in Pakistan has started getting popular. It is one of those minimally-invasive cosmetic procedures that we see as an all-rounder because of the following benefits:
- Smoothens out those forever-dreaded wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces the double chin and extra face fats you always wanted to get rid of.
- Contours the face and highlights the natural facial features that are hidden because of fat accumulation.
- Tightens the sagging cheeks skin and lifts up the droopy eyelids.
As compared to other facial treatments and facelift surgery, the HIFU Treatment Cost in Lahore is quite affordable for everyone. Another reason why HIFU is the treatment we prefer at Dental Aesthetics is that it involves low risk and has no downtime. This means that once a patient goes through the treatment, they can immediately return to daily activities. Hence, get a HIFU from a dermatologist at our clinic for instantly improved skin that will last for 6 months to a year.
The HIFU Treatment Process
When a patient arrives at our clinic for a HIFU, one of our dermatologists removes the makeup and skincare products from their face before starting the treatment. In some cases, after cleansing the face, they also apply a numbing cream on the areas to be targeted. An ultrasound gel is then applied to the patient’s face to maximize the contact between their skin and the ultrasound device.
During the process, a HIFU device is held against the patient’s skin on the targeted facial areas. In short bursts, we deliver the ultrasound rays into the patient’s skin, which takes around 30 to 60 minutes.
In general, HIFU Treatment is not painful. However, a few of our patients do report feeling a prickling or tingling sensation during the procedure. If you are sensitive to a minor pain too, do not worry, just let us know before the treatment starts. We will recommend you a few pain-killers to intake before the procedure to make the process pain-free and comfortable for you.
Post the treatment, some patients with sensitive skin do feel mild numbness, inflammation, and swelling in the treated areas. However, this typically subsides within a few hours of the treatment – and then gives way to more youthful and tighter skin. And the best part is that as soon as the patient leaves our clinic after the treatment, they can get back to normal activities.
Who Should Undergo HIFU Treatment?
Generally, our dermatologists at Dental Aesthetics recommend HIFU Therapy to all those people who are fretting over their sagging skin, wrinkles, and excess facial fat. Other than that, young people who are experiencing symptoms of ageing skin like fine lines and wrinkles should also undergo a HIFU treatment.
All in all, whether you are young or aged, if creased skin and excessive facial fat are affecting your confidence in how you appear, HIFU is your option. And on top of it all, it is a minimally-invasive and cost-effective procedure that everyone can afford. So why the delay? Book your appointment with us or simply visit our clinic in DHA, Lahore to start your treatment.
HIFU Aftercare Checklist
Patients who undergo HIFU Treatment need to care for the treated areas for a few days to prevent any kind of complications and ensure the best results. So let us take you through the aftercare checklist that patients have to stick by for a few days post-treatment:
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent hyperpigmentation and reduce the chances of getting sunburn. It is best suggested to use sunblock as it prevents the destructive sun rays to directly touch the skin.
- As good as it feels to scratch the face when it is itching, scratching it post the HIFU treatment is a big NO. Moreover, if you a few scars here and there, allow them to go away naturally, do not trying removing them as it might lead to an infection.
- We all know that water is life. Hence post the HIFU, make sure that water is your favourite drink before any other beverage. It will help in skin recovery and boost the collagen production in your skin.
- When taking a shower after the HIFU treatment, avoid using hot water. It is better to use lukewarm water as it will help keep the natural protective oil on your skin, facilitate quick recovery, and prevent skin irritation.
Book An Appointment Today!
The benefits of the HIFU have had you convinced to undergo the treatment and you want to know the HIFU Treatment Cost? Generally, the cost depends on the facial problem you want to get treated, whether the wrinkles or the excess facial fat. Hence, we suggest – book an appointment with us at Dental Aesthetics to get a complete treatment plan.